Writing Through It

Written by Deyanira Villalta

Write through the heavy thoughts and robust emotions. Each of us processes feelings and experiences in unique ways. Some of us talk it out. Some of us run it out. Some of us write it out. Whatever you do to get through the good, bad, and ugly of every day - do it. Do it often. Do it well. Do it messy with misspellings. Do it in color or pencil or pen. Do it whether the idea is articulated or not. The more you talk, run, write, the more honed your message becomes. The clearer your thoughts emerge the more sharp and accurate your emotion is.
Photo Credit: (c)deyanira.

Find your space. Your window. Your spot. Create the conditions to relax your mind and body. Brew the coffee. Burn the scented candle. Surround yourself with your cats and dogs or horses on the horizon.

I write.

I don’t talk.

I certainly don’t run. I do have vocal emotions and deep thoughts. It’s this reason I write it all out. My biggest hang-up and thing I do that holds me back from producing more written pages is I self-edit. I edit my thoughts and fragmented sentences. I don’t allow the full idea to emerge without trying to correctly articulate it. It’s a form of anxiety I am unable to quell.

I write to you to demonstrate you are not alone in the writer's block you experience. In the anxiety that your words may not matter. They do! I write, so you write too.

In the spirit of sharing:


These sites are valuable online resources from fellow writers and authors including the website from Purdue University. This online resource will guide you through academic-style writing as well as article writing. So, get your thoughts down and marvel at where they lead you. A new research idea, perhaps? A story with an exciting plot twist? Or, an emotionally inciteful poem?

Dear reader, whatever it is, share your ideas with us!





Comments

Popular Posts